OUR FAQ SECTION
No question is ever too silly
Welcome all yoga beginners! You may have landed here because you’ve heard how wonderful yoga is for you. Here we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions and give some more information about our yoga classes. If we did not answer a question you had, please feel free to reach out to us – no question is ever too silly!
Not sure if you should join our group classes or book a private session?
FAQ FOR BEGINNERS
No problem, Yoga is for anyone and everyone! Ananda Wellness hosts a Yoga for Beginners Workshop every second month where we teach you the fundamental/basic yoga poses. You will also learn how to move through these poses and how to connect with your breath. This workshop gears you up to feel confident amd ready for your first yoga class. See our Workshop page for the next upcoming Yoga for Beginners Workshop.
If you can’t wait for the next workshop and want to start right away, reach out to us about our Private Classes and let’s begin your yoga journey today.
In fact you are a perfect candidate for yoga. Many people think that they need to be flexible to begin yoga, but that’s a little bit like thinking that you need to be able to play tennis in order to take tennis lessons. Come as you are and you will find that yoga practice will help you become more flexible. This newfound agility will be balanced by strength, coordination as well as a sense of physical confidence and overall well-being.
Unlike stretching or other fitness training, Yoga is more than just physically working your body. Within the physical practice of yoga we connect the movement of the body to the rhythm of our breath, which helps to focus and relax the mind by directing our attention inward. Yoga can improve your bodies’ strength, flexibility, mobility and balance, whilst also calming your mind and improving your posture and how you breathe.
Some people wear baggy, loose fitting bottoms or shorts and a t shirt. Other people wear tight, stretchy leggings + tops. The only thing that matters is that you wear comfortable clothes that you can easily move and stretch in and that your top can easily be tucked in.
Yoga is practiced barefoot. Definitely bring along yourself, a small towel and a bottle of water.
Yes, you need your own yoga / exercise mat (however if you don’t yet own a mat for your first class arrangements can be made to borrow one of our studio mats)
When it comes to food and digestion, each individual is different and needs to find out what works for them. In general I do not recommend a eating a large meal within 2 hours of a class – if you must eat within 2 hours of a class then a light meal or snack that it easily digested is best. It’s recommended to be hydrated before a class so drink some water.
GENERAL YOGA ETIQUETTE
Respect for oneself and others is a key feature of yoga, and so we would kindly ask all our members to please adhere to the following guidelines in order to allow everyone’s experience at Ananda Wellness to be a peaceful and fulfilling one:
- Please arrive at least 10minutes before any class or workshop to settle in.
- Ensure your phone is turned off or on silent (not vibration mode), remove your shoes before entering the studio and leave them, along with any other belongings, in the provided areas.
- Please ensure your hands and feet are clean and try refrain from wearing too much cologne or perfume.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in, a top that can be tucked in and remove shoes and socks
- Have something warm like a light jersey to cover yourself with in Savasana.
- Be mindful of walking over or stepping onto any mats that are laid out in the studio.
- The studio space is there to provide a calm, peaceful environment for all yogis. We practice respectful silence when entering the studio and waiting for class to begin, as well as after class when exiting the studio.
- Inform your teacher if you have any injuries, have had a recent operation, or are pregnant. We and our teachers reserve the right to ask you not to attend a class if we believe it would be in your best interests owing to an injury or medical condition. Ananda Wellness is not liable for any injuries sustained on our premises.
- Please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy.
YOGA FOR EXPECTING MOM’S
Yoga is wonderful way for an expecting mother to connect to both her growing baby and changing body. We recommend looking at our Private Class offering where we will be able to offer you a specifically designed package on Yoga for Pregnancy & Post – Partum classes. We also recommend obtaining your medical practitioner’s approval first.
WORK WITH ME PRIVATELY
Take your practice to a deeper, more fulfilling level with private yoga sessions.
Private yoga is a great way to deepen your yoga practice, enhance your skills, and engage in self-care. If you are new to yoga, this is a fantastic way to learn the fundamentals of the practice.
PRIVATE YOGA IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF …
- You are a complete beginner and want to feel confident and comfortable in poses before starting group classes
- The times for group classes do not suit your lifestyle
- You are not comfortable taking a group class with other students
- You want to ask questions during class to deepen or refine your practice
- You have a current injury or issue that you are ready to bring healing to
- You know that you need to take care of yourself, but you need some motivation and accountability to get you on your mat – A wonderful mentoring program is available
- You want to learn about or deepen your Breathwork and Meditation Practices
PRIVATE YOGA SESSIONS CAN INCLUDE…
- Physical hands on alignment of poses and adjustments to suit your level of practice and your body
- Understanding your own habits and breaking and creating new ones
- Yoga with music and essential oil gentle pressure massage
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Sequencing – how to create your own self-practice
- How to dissolve blockages in the body
- Working with the Chakras
- Restorative or Yin Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
If you have any questions or queries other than related in this outline that you wish to discuss with me or would like to arrange for a call session please reach out to me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us at Ananda Wellness
I will love for you to join me and other yogis in class, or meet you in a private class.